Excellent! Thanks, Mark!

-----Original Message-----
From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of Mark Edgar
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 2:56 PM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: Interpreter not building correct byte code

Tom Bates wrote:
> The memory allocator we're using does return aligned blocks. I would think
> that's a real necessity in any environment. Does the C standard have
> anything to say about this?

Yes; in ISO 9899:1999 7.20.3 p1

"The pointer returned if the allocation succeeds is suitably aligned so
that it may be assigned to a pointer to any type of object and then used
to access such an object or an array of such objects in the space
allocated (until the space is explicitly deallocated)."

					-Mark