Monday, December 18, 2006, 8:50:37 PM, Roberto wrote:

> Stroustrup once said: "There are only two kinds of languages: the ones
> people complain about and the ones nobody uses". It seems Lua is in
> the first group :)

Very true. Still, some of the complaints are sometimes more than just
annoyance. Lua is changing, as the new versions are released, so it
seems that the right complaints are probably coming through. Such
complaints are in fact healthy - without them there would be no
progress (or at least not so fast).

I pray god gives you the wisdom to tell the honest complaints from
mere pestering, and not skip on something that might make a good
improvement. ;)

On a more serious note, I hope that token filters and similar
"solutions" will not become The Answer To Every Problem. It may lead
to fragmentation of the community as people won't be able to use each
other's code if they overdo with syntax changes in their own
"flavors". Once some is started on the modification train because of
some necessity, it may be hard to stop adding decorations.

JM2C,
Alen