On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 05:54:05PM -0500, Jerome Vuarand wrote:
> It wasn't really a broadcast before someone posted it on this mailing
> list :)
> Blogs have that interesting property that their content can be pulled at
> will, but is not pushed anywhere, contrary to mailing lists. This makes
> most compaints about their content irrelevant. If you don't like it,
> stop reading it.

The complaint was not "I don't like this, and I don't want to have to read
it"; that's silly.  I believe it was "I don't like this, and I don't want
people to form a mistaken impression of Lua based on this person's smearing".

My reaction, incidentally, is that someone who posts opinions that poor is
going to lose any competent readers he has fairly quickly, so I'd say
"ignore him, he doesn't matter".  There are other reasonable reactions,
but "stop reading it" misses the point entirely.

--
Glenn Maynard