I have this code:

function funcXY(param) print (param); end;

This function is used in a coroutine which receives
some parameters. Sometimes I have to restart a
coroutine, however the file has probably been modified
and reloaded, so I can't store the function funcXY "as
is", so I have to its name "funcXY"

my idea would be doing something like

funcName="funcXY";
loadstring (funcName.."()"); --<-- this would be the
function to be called, with a parameter

however loadstring expands this to:

function () funcXY(); end;

where no parameters can be passed to funcXY

Is there any way to convert the string funcName to a
function which accepts a single parameter?

TIA
Kak

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" ? The Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html