Maybe a token filter could detect that and issue warnings. Turning the warning off would just mean to remove the filter from the filter stack. For the warning propagation messages they could be callback closures bound to the "warning" filter when it is created. The same could be done for recoverable errors (here the definition of recoverable is up to the user).