Hi,

I don't claim to understand what is going on with the new
garbage collector. :) What I want to know is if there is a
simple way to cause the garbage collector notice the
difference between a simple boxed pointer, and a boxed
pointer that represents a big chunk of memory. Creating a
bunch of small userdata with no references to them is fine,
as long as there is not a lot of external memory associated
to them. In the later case, it would be nice if the GC could
be made more reactive.

Regards, Diego.