I just upgraded our teams to lua 5.1.1 from lua 5.1work0, which went smoothly except that we were bitten (a few days later) by the removal of the byte-swapping feature of the bytecode loader.  While I don’t understand why this feature was removed, I wouldn’t be bothered so much if it had at least been mentioned in the HISTORY file.

Could you please add a note in the HISTORY file in future releases?  Better yet, please bring the feature back. :)

Thanks,

Jasmin

P.S. I found the patch that fixes this issue here: