On 21 Nov 2006, at 21:24, Mildred wrote:

Le mar 21/11/2006 à 18:00 Grellier, Thierry à écrit:
I need to manipulate addresses. These addresses would be happy with
specific operators, namely bitwise operators. Currently the address I
manipulate are 32 bits, but I may imagine they become 64bits in
future.

Why not using light userdata, maybe redefining the metatable associated
with all light userdata. As far as I know, light userdata are just
void* pointers.

I think from what he's said in previous posts that the addresses being manipulated are not addresses in the address space of the C process running Lua. They're addresses that appear on a memory bus whilst running a simulation of a piece of hardware.

drj