Hello Lua,

  I'm always asking, but never giving to this community. I'm sorry about that, but hopefully I'll be fixing it very quickly. :) Until then, here's my question:

Is there an elegant way to intercept the output of external tools run using os.execute? The way I do it now is by redirecting the output to a text file ('dir >bla.txt' for example) then load it. (As a suggestion, I think something like
 retcode, outstr = os.execute('dir')
would be very nice.)

--
Theodor-Iulian Ciobanu
jr Virus Researcher

e-mail: tciobanu@bitdefender.com

Secure your every bit

This message was scanned for viruses by BitDefender for Linux Mail Servers.
For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/