Hi Luiz,
   Actually I have the standard lua.c interpreter linked with the
library and thats solves the problem too. The mail was a request for
make more flexible lua in future revisions, maybe you can consider to
allow the user specify which flags to use at dlopen in runtime from
the interpreter (like python does) or directly use RTLD_GLOBAL.

Cheers,
  Jose L.

On 11/11/06, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> I'm working in a project that uses a lot of C++ RTTI for introspection,

I see; your request makes more sense now. Well, in this case I suggest
that you simply change your copy of loadlib.c to use RTLD_GLOBAL.
--lhf

--
 Jose L. Hidalgo Valiño (PpluX)
 ---- http://www.pplux.com ----