On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 04:45:38PM -0800, Sam Roberts wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 05:23:51PM -0500, Brian Weed wrote:
> > Today I attempted to upgrade to Lua v5.1.1 (from Lua 5.0) on the PS2,
> > and I'm getting a crash when opening the base library.
>
> I haven't converted yet, but did you see:
>
>   http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#7.3
>
>   The luaopen_* functions (to open libraries) cannot be called directly,
>   like a regular C function. They must be called through Lua, like a Lua
>   function

Huh?  This is the first I've seen this, and I've been calling luaopen
calls directly ever since I upgraded, without any evident problems.
It'd be nice if this could be checked, instead of silently compiling
and possibly leaving lurking bugs around when people do things the
"obvious" way ...

(What is it that requires these functions to be called this way?)

--
Glenn Maynard