I've had some thoughts of my own on this... the embedding of lua code within the binary file; but I don't want to lose the advantage of being able to modify LUA code "on the fly".  To that end I have toyed with the idea of:

1.  Creating a "bundled" executable, that contains embedded LUA code.
2.  Add options to the executable to "extract" the code to real files.
3.  Add option to the executable to "re-embed" the lua code if changes are made.

Just the beginnings of an idea - it simplifies distribution, but allows inspection/modification of the LUA code.

One down side is that it wouldn't likely be all that portable across platforms....

Any thoughts on this approach?

Thanks
Terry