In fact, could this be changed in the way that [0] would use array optimization, too.

If it sounds weird, I bet there's many C-origin users that would do (or do) 0..N-1 arrays. And some bindings might also choose to do that, for compatibility sake.

Furthermore, I think Lua documentation says people should be free to use either 0..N-1, or 1..N, whichever they choose. Negative indices may be hash-based, they're kind of exotic anyways.

-asko

:)  keeping my smilecount

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 19:19:30 -0500