Im am creating a eclipse predictor as a beginner project to get me going with Lua and I am having an issue. I have written the begining of it, I havent begun with the actual prediction function yet. I am using lua edit. And i am using the view->debug window->Lua Output
but it is not letting me type in wether or not i want to see a solar eclipse or a lunar eclipse.It just prints both solar and lunar.
Heres the code:
print("Enter solar or lunar");
solu = io.read()
if solu == solar then
print("The next solar eclipse will be displayed here");
end
if solu == lunar then
print("the next lunar eclipse will show up here");

thanx