On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 06:08:51PM -0700, Jasmin Patry wrote:
> Has anybody had any success trying to do something similar?  Or is
> continuing script execution after errors just a bad idea when working
> with Lua (or in general, despite our fairly positive experience with
> it)?

Visual Basic has a mode like this, IIRC. You can ignore all errors in
the script. It has a history of allowing unmaintainable code to be
written. You can actually write code that depends on this feature for
successful execution, such than when the "errors really are errors" mode
is turned back on, the code is very difficult to make functional again.

Maybe it makes sense in your domain-specific case, but I'd think
carefully about it.

Sam