Asko Kauppi wrote:
I would vote in favor of $, or other prefix. For one, this would allow people to clearly see, what's _not_ standard Lua. At least for now, any token filter stuff would be highly experimental, and it would only be good if that is highlighted.

I thought Lua was meant to be about providing mechanisms, not dictating behaviour?

By all means, prepend a $ to your new tokens, but don't force it on other people who don't want it. Personally, I was hoping it might be possible to use the token filter to add functionality/remove brokenness from the Lua interpreter that usually has to be done with C hacking. Having a flag bearer walk slowly in front of every custom token would definitely eliminate that ability.

--
Lisa