On Monday 18 September 2006 02:32, Javier Guerra wrote:
> On Sunday 17 September 2006 4:32 pm, Alex Queiroz wrote:
> >      I don't want to have to go to a web page and browse 100
> > subcategories to read what's being discussed about Lua. The
> > mailing list is perfectly fine.
>
> wholeheartedly agree

"Me too."

Though forums have their advantages for some types of discussion, I
find those irrelevant next to the disadvantages. I find web based
forums in general frustratingly slow and ineffective, in terms of
navigation as well as server response times. Unless the topics are
*extremely* interesting, I just won't tolerate it if the server has
this too common habit of taking a coffee break every other time I
click something. I can't stand anything that frequently takes more
than a second to respond to basic navigation operations.

I thought faster computers and faster connections would make things
faster and smoother - but I guess I was wrong...

.-------  http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples  -------.
|        http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine       |
|       http://audiality.org - Music/audio engine          |
|     http://eel.olofson.net - Real time scripting         |