Stefan Brantschen wrote:
[...]
> All true. But as long as you know what you're doing, arrays with holes
> can be handled just well (cf. also PIL II, p16).

...which refers to Lua 5.1, not 5.0. I'm aware that 5.1 has extra
functionality to assist with this.

> For example, a table
> representing breakpoints in a file in a debugger, like
>
> breakpoints = {some_file_name = {2 = true, 25 = true}, other_file = ..}
>
> is just handy.

True; but such a table is not an array, and therefore you can't
manipulate it like one (using table.insert, table.remove, table.getn,
etc.) It's just a dictionary with numeric keys.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "You cannot truly appreciate _Atlas Shrugged_
+- www.cowlark.com --+