On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Mark Hamburg wrote:

on 9/8/06 5:21 AM, Reuben Thomas at rrt@sc3d.org wrote:

2. Would it be interesting enough to make it a compile-time option? From
looking at the code it would seem possible to replace internal calls to
various tonumber and tostring options with "casttonumber" and
"casttostring", which could have appropriate compile-time definitions.

I would strongly endorse making this a compile time option. If someone
passes the wrong sort of data to a routine, I'd rather detect it than try to
work around it.

I'm going to wait for feedback from my initial patch (now on the wiki's PowerPatches page) before working any more on it.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | The shorter the better