Hello Mike,

I am the current maintainer of the Lua-SWIG bindings.
SWIG will happily wrapper C++, classes and allow Lua create, call & delete them.
The support for callbacks & such is limited, but with a little work you can get it going.
There is no support for writing a subclass of a C++ class using Lua code. Though some languages in SWIG can do this Lua is cannot.
Other wrappering tools (to my knowledge) are tolua++ & luabind, but I don't know if they can do this.

If anyone can think of how to do it using normal C++ code, I would be interested to see it, so that I can look at adding this into the SWIG bindings.

Regards,
Mark