Hello,

I am attempting to recompile LuaCom from the file:

http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~rcerq/luacom/pub/1.3/luacom-1.3-src.tgz

The reason for doing this is to make a binary version compatible with Lua 5.1.1.

I had a number of housekeeping problems which seemed to be related to incompatibilities with versions, however the major problem is in the function COleControl::DoVerb in file tLuaControl.cpp around line 757.

There is a line there:

if (hr == OLEOBJ_S_INVALIDVERB)

However hr is not initialized when it is declared and in that particular branch (the default for the switch) it is not initialized before being tested.

I am not enough of an expert to know what the function is trying to do here, but I am guessing there is a missing function call that will establish the value for hr before it is tested.

Would someone be able to advise the correction for this problem? Thanks.

--
Nick Gammon