Quoting "Kucera, Rich" <Kucerar@hhmi.org>:

> I have a design for a table-driven controller ready to be translated :-)
>
> First, a few things:
>
> 1) MVC does not require OO.  Have done a clean table-driven MVC webapp. MVC
> 2) The current crop of MVC frameworks,  the state of the art,  follows the
> 3) There's still room for innovation.  There's need for an extract,
> 4) Good frameworks have support for page and page element caching.  This is
> 5) If there's no template processor yet for Lua,  probably the

that's the kind of analysis that really helps to build new things! i
especially like the "not everything should be OO", and "RoR isn't the best
possible thing".  if we focus too much on the good points, we end up redoing
their work.

right now the Kepler packages are getting readied for a new release, and is a
good time to discuss about new architectures.  most of the manpower is going
to CGILua and the new Orbit framework; but Xavante is also getting a big
remodularization.

i've recently realized that my argument of "don't 'design' a website, program
it!" could be rephrased with the MVC buzzwords to make it more attractive... i
just have to learn the correct buzzwords ;-)

------
Javier