Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
The reference manual for Lua 5.1 is now available in hardcopy:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=as2&path=ASIN/8590379833&tag=theprogrammil-20&camp=1789&creative=9325

The text has been updated with the comments we received since the
release of Lua 5.1.1. We thank everyone that has sent comments on
the manual. The web version will be updated shortly.

--lhf

Just received the following message from amazon.co.uk:

Dear Amazon.co.uk Customer,

As someone who has purchased books by Roberto Ierusalimschy, you might like to know that /Lua 5.1 Reference Manual/ will be released on 30 August 2006. You can pre-order your copy for just £12.98 by following the link below.*
*

*Synopsis*
This manual is the official definition of Lua 5.1. It covers Lua's syntax and semantics, the full API with C, and the standard libraries. Lua is an extension programming language designed to support general procedural programming with data description facilities. It also offers good support for object-oriented programming, functional programming, and data-driven programming. Lua is intended to be used as a powerful, light-weight scripting language for any program that needs one. Lua is implemented as a library, and is highly portable, being written in clean C (that is, in the common subset of ANSI C and C++). This printed version contains the full text of the eletronic version, available at http://www.lua.org/manual/.

Best wishes,

Amazon.co.uk
http://amazon.co.uk <http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/r.html?R=3LT0H97QEXXAF&C=2NZWACVACK9OK&T=C&U=%2Fgp%2Fhomepage%2Ehtml%2Fref%3Dpe%5F3421%5F3463631%5Fpe%5Fsnp%5F8590379&H=vP6mj5AOyy62uCzEGQabAh8RkmYA>