On 8/25/06, Andy Start wrote:

> I don't think decimal should be seen as a relic of the IBM mainframe age.
> It has desirable properties but is inefficient. We used to think of
> interpreted languages as desirable/inefficient but in the age of faster
> processors, we have Lua and we are all the better off for it.

I agree. And I think it is a worthy subject for the round-table discussion
at the workshop. A one number model goes well with the design of Lua's one
native number type support. To make the discussion concrete some benchmark
results could come in handy for the proponents and opponents. Hint, hint!!

Cheers
Vijay Aswadhati