I'm sure this has been discussed many times, but I can't find it.

I have a simple script that defines some functions.

I enter the lua interpreter, and define some test data (strings etc...)

I dofile(myscriptfile) and then test the functions with my data. I have an editor open and edit the script file, and would like to reload the script without having to exit the interpreter and redefine test data.

What's the best way to achieve this?

(I assume this same issue would apply to a C-program that dynamically loaded and executed lua scripts. )

thanks -t