> I do not know whether this is appropriate:
> Should Lua have user-definable infix operators
> (like Haskell)?
> I cannot say I have much of an opinion, pro or anti,
> but there is a related question about keeping some
> Lua VM opcode real-estate reserved for user extensions.
> I guess this is not really a Lua matter but
> an implementation matter.

We have been thinking about this ourselves. The second point
(reserved opcodes) is a kind of implementation matter, but the first
(user-definable infix operators) is language design. (They are
independent; like in Haskell, user-definable infix operators may be only
syntactical sugar for function calls.)

-- Roberto