Hi David,
thanks a lot for your help and for your suggestion!!
Unfortunately, your solution does not quite solve the problem because
functions myfunc1 and myfunc2 do not really share upvalues. Each one
has its own upvalue that happens to contain a pointer that points to
some common memory block (or Lua table).
Firstly, it introduces one extra level of redirection. Secondly, how
the memory will be cleaned? Lightuserdata is not being garbage
collected and no one else is pointing to that memory block?

Is there a way to share a given upvalue amongst several C-closures the
same way it happens with Lua closures??

--Leo--