Hello

I'm an amateur hobbyist programmer, completely new to Lua. It sounded so interesting that I thought I'd try learning how to use it.

I don't really understand how to install it. I've downloaded the latest version as lua-5.1.tar.gz, and have opened it as:

C:\Program Files\lua-5.1. It has subdirectories called doc, etc, src, and test. Am I on the right track so far?

Do I now need to download a C compiler – and if so, what do i do with it? What does it mean to "build" the downloaded file?

Is there some kind of easy install process for newcomers?

Thank you

Alex Caracatsanis