Hi Jerome,

Talk to Diego for details about this but, I am currently working on and
am making some progress towards a SSL/TLS implementation for
LuaSocket. At a rough guess this is not going to be at a final release
point in this calendar year, although a beta is possible. It will certainly
be using OpenSSL for the *nix systems.

David Burgess

Jerome Vuarand wrote:

Hi list,

I was looking for a binding of OpenSSL for Lua, and found something called
luassl. According to google that page moved a lot but I finally found it
there :
http://www.procc.fiocruz.br/~carneiro/software/luassl/index.html

The last version is still alpha and has been released on 2003/11/21. Does
anyone know if there is a more recent version ? Especially a version for Lua
5.1.

The luassl author also mentions on that page that luassl may become a "joint
project" with LuaSocket. Is there some work done to bring SSL into LuaSocket
? Is that planned ? LuaSocket seems to be the de facto standard for
networking on Lua, so I'd enjoy adding stuff to it.

Jérôme.