"Mark Hamburg" <mhamburg@adobe.com> wrote in message C0F144E9.48687%mhamburg@adobe.com">news:C0F144E9.48687%mhamburg@adobe.com...
If you do that, I think it will probably leave the Lua state messed up.

Mark

Concurred. However, that is for the end user to deal with. Enigma, the
project in which I noticed that catch statement has reasons to do this, and
in all such cases will discard the lua state, automatically assuming it is
corrupted beyond repair.  Really the basic complaint is that a library (even
one such as lua) really should not be using catch(...) and in this case it
is.
It is a trivial one line patch.