I did not see my post sent last evening; apologize if this turns out to be a
double post. The original message follows....

-----Original Message-----
From: Vijay Aswadhati [mailto:wyseman@pacbell.net]
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 5:40 PM
To: 'lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br'
Subject: LuaTask versus Helper Threads Toolkit

LuaTask: http://luaforge.net/projects/luatask/

HTT: http://luaforge.net/projects/helper-threads/

If it is not too much trouble could the respective authors please present
their views and comments on the similarities and differences between these
two projects?

The reason I ask is I was only aware of HTT and at the back off my brain I
had noted down that it needs a Win32 port. I discovered LuaTask today which
seems to be serving a similar purpose and it has Win32 support to boot. Are
they similar, if not by design but in intent?

I am a little confused as to which library to go with. My basic need is to
be able to create services that can run in their own native thread and
occasionally or periodically have to communicate with a Lua universe.

I like HTT for its lightness, but it needs a Win32 port. I have to read and
play with LuaTask to understand it better. Choices, choices... Two is one
too many!!

Vijay Aswadhati