To make globals accessible inside a module I can write

 local string = require "string"
 local table = require "table"
 module(...)

However, standard functions such as 'ipairs' will not be "visible." I could write

 module(..., package.seeall)

but then _all_ globals will be visible inside the module, not just the ones I want and have defined with the 'local xxx = require "xxx"' expressions, hence undermining my intention of selective "imports" for my module.

I could also write

 local string = require "string"
 local table = require "table"
 local ipairs = ipairs
 module(...)

but this way I seem to need a definition for _each_ single standard function such as 'ipairs' -- is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks
- Stefan

--
Stefan Brantschen