Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
This can be easily done in luaconf.h with the proper #defines.

Not for all functions. I think switching between fopen and fopen_s for
example can't be done with a #define (of what I remember).
I think the proper attitude to this new MS attempt to overtake a standard
and make it proprietary is to simply ignore it.
If someone still wants to use the secure CRT, he should simply disable the
warnings for the external libraries used in his project.

Regards,
Ivan

P.S. I suppose message threading is broken when replying to the digest,
for which I apologize (but I guess there's no way to get around that).

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the way MS has done this;  I just don't
want end-users to get warnings like 'this application may be insecure, are
you really certain you want to keep running it?'  Because that's where I
think this is heading.

_CRT_SECURE_CPP_OVERLOAD_STANDARD_NAMES and the
equivalent for _COUNT don't work for dynamically allocated buffers.
Or did you mean some other sort of #defines?

I haven't had any luck with replying to threads using the digest either.

Regards,
Mike Kreuzer
www.mikekreuzer.com