> Yes, were I the sort of person that used Lua for string matching, I
> think I'd find it quite useful.

'%f' is quite useful, but not as useful as we intended.

Unfortunately I do not remember now what was exactly that we wanted
to be able to do but weren't. What I remember is that we though about
changing '%f' to two separate options, one that checks whether the
previous character is in a given class, the other that checks whether
the next character is in a given class. '%f' does both at once.

Anyway, there is a slight chance that we change '%f' to something else
in future versions (if we can figure out why :).

-- Roberto