I'm compiling lua for uclinux. I have a problem related to libraries
being loaded which causes a SIGSEGV. From linit.c, we have

static const luaL_Reg lualibs[] = {
 {"", luaopen_base},

 {LUA_LOADLIBNAME, luaopen_package},
 {LUA_TABLIBNAME, luaopen_table},
 {LUA_IOLIBNAME, luaopen_io},
 {LUA_OSLIBNAME, luaopen_os},
 {LUA_STRLIBNAME, luaopen_string},
 {LUA_MATHLIBNAME, luaopen_math},
 {LUA_DBLIBNAME, luaopen_debug},

 {NULL, NULL}
};

This causes lua to SIGSEGV when run with no arguments. Commenting out
the libraries being loaded, we have

static const luaL_Reg lualibs[] = {
 {"", luaopen_base},
/*
 {LUA_LOADLIBNAME, luaopen_package},
 {LUA_TABLIBNAME, luaopen_table},
 {LUA_IOLIBNAME, luaopen_io},
 {LUA_OSLIBNAME, luaopen_os},
 {LUA_STRLIBNAME, luaopen_string},
 {LUA_MATHLIBNAME, luaopen_math},
 {LUA_DBLIBNAME, luaopen_debug},
*/
 {NULL, NULL}
};

Which results in lua running when invoked on the target (Motorola
m68000, Dragonball). Has anyone had any experience or hints/tips for
uclinux?

It's a bit strange, but the last time I compiled this, I was able to
run lua, but not luac. And library loading worked except for when I
added luasockets to the mix ...

-- G.