From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of andreas akaliptos
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 9:22 PM
To: lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
Subject: lua multilingual support

I am working on a web application and i decided to use
lua scripts to achive connections on database tables
and execute sql queries on the data. The problem is
that the  data is in Greek. When i get the results of
a query and present it to a web page, the characters
are not displayed correctly. I have noticed that even
with print("-greek string here-") i get an incorrect
result,  no matter what web server i use. Does all
this mean that lua just don't support greek and
simiral character sets ?
Is there something that i am missing here?