> Does Pascal not give any control over how to handle signals? Does the
> runtime always exit, or can you install a function to handle the signal?

Pascal (if compiled for Win32) does have its own way to capture the ctrl-C
signals and does exit quitely. You can write your own function to handle the
signal in a different way other than one with ANSI C.

ANSI C was designed cheifly for Unix family. We do have a C compiler for
Win32. I believe it has an ability to handle interrupt signals or maybe just
a fake. I don't recall.