I sorta asked this in reply to another question, but I still don't know how to do it.

Is there a way to traverse the entire globals/registry and get the strings/symbol names out? (only top level stuff is needed, not a deep traversal) We're setting tables and functions to nil and it seems that not everything is being garbage collected. I want some way to find out what lua is still holding references to so I can clean them up. What are the ways to do this?

Thanks,
Brett