Grellier, Thierry wrote:

> Well, it also includes the patch for direct threaded code in virtual
> machine for gcc, which isn’t enabled on x86, and can be discarded in
> luaconf.h

I like the patch. Seems to work for me, though I would prefer to have
the patch without the direct threaded code. It failed to compile for me
and I had to go in manually to remove it. I do not know what else in the
patch is related to the direct threaded code, so it is possible that
your sizes show more than just the bitwise operators.

> [lua-5.1.1 ]                       % size src/lua
>    text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
>  114770     644      16  115430   1c2e6 src/lua
> [lua-5.1.1.patched ]               % size src/lua
>    text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
>  117330     644      16  117990   1cce6 src/lua

Doug

--
Doug Rogers - ICI - V:703.893.2007x220 www.innocon.com