I just want to run a simple CRC32 for the block of data.

I want to write a program that reads in a binary file, breaks it up into
smaller blocks and calculates a CRC for each block. Then I want to write a
program that reassembles the blocks into a single file again after checking
the CRC of each block. Kinda like a firmwire upload scenario. Im pretty new
to lua, so the CRC can be simple, just to give me a feel of the lua language.

Thanks for replying

"If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more. If you look
at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough."

Khalid Manjoo
Sun Space & Information Systems (Pty) Ltd.
Stellenbosch, South Africa
www.sunspace.co.za
+27 21 880 8114 (tel)
+27 21 880 1703 (fax)

"There are no limitations to the mind except those that we acknowledge.
Whatever the mind can conceive and believe it can achieve. "