> I can't find anything confirming this neither in the new 5.1 manual,
> nor in the PiL I book. Is it correct that Lua makes copy of global
> environment for each coroutine thread, or coroutines use exactly the
> same environment they were created in?

See http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#lua_newthread

Thank you.

It says:

 The new state returned by this function shares with the original
state all global
 objects (such as tables), but has an independent execution stack.

Can you please explain in more detail which effects independent
execution stack have for the end-users on Lua and on C sides? As far
as I understand, any C-function have separate stack anyway.

I have searched for words "execution stack" in the manual, but I
haven't found any other entries. There are "virtual stack" and "call
stack", and in most places it is just "stack". Perhaps some
centralized glossary would be a fine addition to the Lua manual -- it
would answer to the terminology questions of newcomers...

Do I miss something?

And one more question: was that sentence in Lua 5.0.2 manual just a
mistake, or is it a change between Lua 5.0 and 5.1?

Thanks,
Alexander.

P.S. Is release PDF version of the new manual planned? It is much more
convenient for me to read the docs on the paper...