Hi,

I am using Lua with MS Visual Studio without any problems.
Did you set the character set to Unicode?

Because I had problems with Unicode, lua always returned with an error after a call to lua_pcall if i remember correctly. Setting 'Character set' under project properties to 'Not Set' or 'Use Multi-Byte Character Set' works fine!

BR
Michael

PS: Please excuse my poor english! :(

Nguyen Dang Quang wrote:
Hi,

I have just port my application from MSVC6 to MSVC8 (Microsoft Visual Studio 2005). In the past, my application ran well but now it raise application error. At the following code At the second lua_pcall

if(luaL_loadfile(L,rule_path.c_str()) != 0 || lua_pcall(L, 0, 0, 0))

                  {

                        pi->m_current_processed_size = pi->m_current_size;

                        pi->m_total_processed_size += pi->m_current_size;

MessageBox(NULL,lua_tostring(L, -1),"Error executing the Script",MB_OK);

                  }

                  else//run the main function

                  {

                        //push the parameters onto the stack

                        lua_settop(L,0);

                        lua_getglobal(L, "main");  // function to be called

if (lua_pcall(L, 0 , 1, 0) != 0) //Khong argument, 1 result, khong co ham xu ly loi

                        {

MessageBox(NULL,lua_tostring(L, -1),"Error executing the Script",MB_OK);

                        }

                  }

Can lua 5.1 run well on MSVC8???

Help me please!!