Grellier, Thierry wrote:
But, as I said I expect nothing for the interpreter here, so that this const can be viewed as a documentation policy, not as an active principle of the language so that this is absolutely no constraint to use it or not.

I'd say either it should be a true constraint, or left out entirely. To be simply a documentation tag is asking for trouble and (mis/ab)use.

The horrors of C are not because C is *designed* to be horrible, but merely a natural consequence of humanities propensity to blow it's own foot off.

--
Lisa