> Is there any guidelines for writing C libraries for lua aviable
> somewhere ? If not, why not having a such page, maybe on the lua.org
> website or lua-users.org ...
>
> For example, what is the best way to implement luaopen_* functions, How
> to register userdata's metatables and things like that.

No such document exists, as far as I know. A wiki page would be great for that.
I suggest you create one and let people contribute.

Meanwhile, have a look at existing libraries, starting from the standard
libraries in Lua. I may also want to have a look at my libraries:
	http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/

--lhf