Carsten Fuchs wrote:

Hi all,

Noel and Mark, thank you very much for your replies - they helped a lot!

I'm still digging through the API details, the Lunar template and the details of my host app, and am still sorting things out, trying to learn as much and as thoroughly as possible. This will probably take me yet another few days, certainly also the weekend, and eventually I'll come back either with success report or more questions. ;) (However, the more I learn about the Lua details, the more optimistic I get, its mostly a question of code design issues right now...)

So far, I like the Lunar script a lot, because it is short, relatively simple (yes, I have a chance to understand everything in it eventually! ;) ), relatively portable, and close to the PIL book. Nonetheless, I'm continueing to look into the altervatives that Mark has mentioned before making a descision.

Again, thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Carsten

Hello Carsten,

You are welcome,

Yes, I like the Lunar template too, small and easy to understand. I think the other methods (swig like) are more useful when you have a lib to bind in one pass. Lunar is more for a lib you are developping.

Best wishes.

--
Noël Frankinet
Gistek Software SA