On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 10:27:32PM +0200, David Hansen wrote:
> On Sun, 28 May 2006 21:13:56 +0200 Jürgen Hötzel wrote:

> >> Emacs compile.el "catch all" regexp works pretty well with
> >> lua error messages (at least with GNU Emacs 22).  Just set
> >> `compile-command' to something useful.
> >
> > Yes. But i prefer running Lua as an inferior comint process, so i can
> > develop code incrementally and interactively and never have to stop for a
> > "compilation cycle".  This is why i adopted *-postprocess-output-buffer
> > from python mode.
>
> Oh, you don't have to "compile" a file to use `compile'.
> Something like
>
>   (setq compile-command (concat "lua " (buffer-file-name)))
>
> is OK.

My point was about you have to restart a new Lua process each time you use
'compile and can't interact with the Lua environment of a running process.

> Anyway to make this work on regions is a bit more tricky and
> i guess you have to use the evil `defadvice'
>
> BTW:
>
>   (lua-start-process lua-default-application lua-default-application)

This code is confusing but correct: First parameter is the comint process
name, the second is the program to execute.

I made the second parameter optional in CVS. Thanks for your suggestion.

> in line 986 looks like bug.
>
> David

Jürgen