> D3D does and I'd not be surprised if Direct Sound benefited from this
> either. You can just test for where FPU flags are inside some vanilla
> running D3D app or/and Direct Sound app.

It wouldn't surprise me if DirectSound twiddled FPU states, but if it does
then it covers its tracks without having to be told.  D3D is the only
component that I know of that interferes with Lua - or that Lua interferes
with, if you work for Microsoft....

Disclaimer:
I have been wrong before.  Just ask my wife.

Richard