> > Or do you just rely on the errors that arise when
> non-existant table
> > entries are accessed?
>
> That's what I do in my libraries. I have never felt the need
> to test the type of udata in Lua.

That's a very polite way of suggesting I let go of the desire for strong
types :-)

And you are correct, there is not much I can do with the udata in lua
apart from call C methods, and they already do check the type.

If at some point I do really need udata type checking in lua, I will
follow Roberto's suggestion and implement something like io.type.

- DC