This is a re-occurring issue, so you might want to search the list archives for old discussions (there's no real change to this, since Lua 4.0 at least).  What you'd want to "pick and place" is all the standard libraries, that's for sure.  Even then, I wouldn't think 32K is really reachable, some 50-60K might be.  Others may prove me wrong. :)

-asko