Hi,

I'm currently using Swig to wrap a C++ classes that come from several different libraries, each of which has its own namespace.  I'd like to map the module name to namespace library name.  Does Swig -> Lua support this?

I have been successful is getting a single Swig .i file, which includes all the classes together under a single module name, to build, link and work at runtime - but all the different classes are under the same module name.  I have tried the following approach to split the respectively classes into appropriate modules:

1) Creating a single Swig .i with multiple %module names in it, with the appropriate declaration before each so it looks something like:

   %module lib1
   %{
      #include <lib1/class1>
   %}

   namespace lib1
   {
       class Class1
       {...
       };
   };

   %module lib2
   %{
      #include <lib2/class2>
   %}

   namespace lib2
   {
       class Class2
       {...
       };
   };

  While swig ran without reported errors on the .i file, the compiled and linked ok, but everything was
   built as module lib1.

So my next  attempt was:

2.  Created two separate .i files, one for module lib1, and one for module lib2, swig ran cleanly on both, and the compilation of the resulting c++ files was successful, but at link stage I got a

     multiple definition of `SWIG_init_user'

    By hacking the swig autogenerated c++ files to have separate versions of SWIG_init_user I got
    things to compile and link.  However, manually editing files isn't viable, especially considering
    the early stage I'm at, requiring regular rebuilds using swig when I alter the source .i files.

I'd appreciate suggestions/wisdom of how to tackle multiple modules, or whether I should just stick with a single model.

Thanks in advance,
Robert.